1. Describe what Google Analytics is, the functionality it provides, and how it might be
useful when designing/maintaining a web site.
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet. Google Analytics is offered also in two additional versions: a subscription based Google Analytics Premium targeted at enterprise users and Google Analytics for Mobile Apps, an SDK that allows gathering usage data fromiOS and Android Apps.
2. What is the purpose of the “Admin” module in Drupal? Describe the various features
offered by Drupal’s Admin module.
The admin module provides UI improvements to the standard Drupal admin interface.
- Sustainability – avoid excessive overrides of code, markup, and interface strings to ensure the module keeps the workload overhead on the maintainers and community to a minimum.
- Pluggable/extensible architecture – ensure that admin serves as a starting point for other modules in contrib to implement admin interfaces.
- Expose Drupal’s strengths and downplay its weaknesses where possible. An honest approach to the underlying framework and architecture of Drupal will be less confusing to the user down the road.
Reference : https://www.drupal.org/project/admin
3. Undertake the following tasks for your Drupal web site assignment:
a. Establish a Google Analytics account and configure it to work with your Drupal
web site; and
b. Add the Admin module to your Drupal web site.