1. What is the purpose of security permissions in a CMS? What are the various permission
options provided in Drupal?
The purpose of security permission in a CMS is to give permission for more than one user to use the system. An administrator is able to give the user permissions for certain role. There are many permissions provided in Drupal.
- give permission to allow view news feeds.
- give permission that gives users access to the block configuration page
- give permission to create blog entries, delete any blog entry, delete own blog entries, edit any blog entry.
- give permission that allows the user access to the input format configuration pages.
- give permission to configure settings for forums.
- give permission to upload files
- give permission to download files
Reference : https://www.drupal.org/node/132202
2. What is a “theme” in Drupal? How do themes make designing web sites easier?
Themes allow you to change the look and feel of your Drupal site. You can use themes contributed by others or create your own to share with the community. Contributed themes are not part of any official release and may not have optimized code/functionality for your purposes. You can also create a sub-theme of an existing theme. A sub-theme inherits a parent theme’s resources. Read more about Sub-theme structure and inheritance. You can also view a full index of themes listing only their titles.
3. What are “blocks” in Drupal? How do blocks make designing web sites easier?
Blocks are the boxes of content (such as “User Login” or “Who’s online”) that can be displayed in regions (such as footer or sidebar) on your page.
Blocks are made available to your site most commonly by enabling modules. Once created, a Block can be modified to adjust its appearance, shape, size and position – or which Website pages it appears on. For example, enabling the core Poll module makes the “Most Recent Polls” block available for you to place in a region. Also note that some modules provide multiple blocks when enabled, others may not define new blocks.
4. What is a Google Ajax Wizard? How can Google Ajax Wizards make adding content to
a web site easier?
Google Ajax Wizard allows the automated content retrieval from a sever to website, such as a feed or stream. The feed control updated by the third party so much faster and automatically. Also they need no maintenance. They are a good way to provide fresh content for the website.
5. Undertake the following tasks for your Drupal web site assignment:
a. Add a logo;
b. Add a shortcut icon/favicon;
c. Implement a navigation system; and
d. Investigate what Google Aja